Alexa Schendelman shoots two rounds in the 70s to lead Montana
Montana shoots rounds of 290 and 294 to lead the Grizzly Invitational by 34 strokes
Milberger coached the Grizzlies for two seasons
Meet the Griz :: 2012-13 women's golf photo day
The 2013-14 season will be Emily Milberger's third year as head coach of the Montana women's golf program. Milberger became UM's third coach in program history when she was hired in August 2011.
The Grizzlies have had a number of noteworthy performances under Milberger in her first two seasons leading the program.
* In 2012, Montana peaked at the right time, shooting a 903 at the Big Sky Conference championship to finish in fourth place. The score was a program record for a three-round tournament, topping the 904 the Grizzlies shot at the 2006 Big Sky championship when they won the league title.
* At the 2013 Big Sky championship, Montana finished eighth, but the Grizzlies shot a final-round 290, their best round ever at the Big Sky championship by eight strokes and the team's second-lowest round in program history.
* Olivia Weber had a season scoring average of 76.30 in Milberger's first season, the lowest average in program history. Tara Green's 76.69 in Milberger's second season ranks third. Weber's 76.88 from 2012-13 ranks fifth.
* Green was named the Big Sky Conference Freshman of the Year in 2012. She was named second-team All-Big Sky in 2012 and 2013, as was Weber.
* Milberger coached Weber to a tie for fifth at the 2013 Big Sky championship, Montana's first All-Big Sky Conference performer since 2011. Weber shot a three-round score of 217 (71+74+72), the second-lowest total in program history and best ever at the Big Sky championship.
* Green and Weber have both won individual titles under Milberger. Green won the Cal State Fullerton Folino Invitational in February 2012 at Industry Hills, Calif. As part of her victory, Green matched a UM record when she shot a 68 in round two.
Weber won the Montana State Bobcat Invitational in September 2012 at Bozeman, Mont. They are two of only seven players in program history to collect tournament wins.
* In February 2013 Weber and Green both had holes in one on the opening day of the UC Irvine Invitational at the Santa Ana Country Club in Santa Ana, Calif. Weber's ace came in the tournament's opening round, Green's in the second.
* Milberger has coached four different players to five Big Sky Conference Player of the Week honors: Green, Weber, Katelyn Frank and Lauren Howell.
* Weber concluded her four years at Montana with a career scoring average of 77.75, second best in program history.
* Montana has posted grade point averages under Milberger of 3.32 (fall 2011), 3.50 (spring 2012), 3.25 (fall 2012) and 3.41 (spring 2013), and the Grizzlies have had seven selections on the Academic All-Big Sky Conference team the past two seasons.
* In 2011-12 Weber and Ashli Helstrom made the Women's Golf Coaches Association All-American Scholar team. In 2012-13 Weber repeated.
Prior to taking over at Montana, Milberger coached for two seasons at Oklahoma as an assistant at her alma mater (2007-08 and 2008-09) and two at SMU (2009-10 and 2010-11). She was hired as an assistant at SMU, then became the interim head coach for the 2011 spring season.
Milberger led the Mustangs to a sixth-place Conference USA finish that spring, just nine strokes behind league champion UTEP.
Oklahoma placed fifth at the 2008 Big 12 championship and third in 2009 with Milberger on staff.
Originally from Olathe, Kan., Milberger was a four-year letterwinner and four-time National Golf Coaches Association Academic All-American at Oklahoma (2001-02 to 2004-05).
She was a second-team All-Big 12 selection as a senior and advanced to NCAA regionals in 2005 as an individual.
Milberger earned an undergraduate degree in marketing in May 2005, then worked as a graduate assistant in the OU Department of Athletics for two years before moving full-time into coaching. She earned a master's degree in adult and higher education from Oklahoma in May 2007.
- Online Stores
Griz finish 12th at Rose City Collegiate
The Montana women's golf team shot a final-round 317 Tuesday and finished 12th out of 13 teams at...
Griz struggle early, improve as day goes on
The Montana women's golf team opened the Rose City Collegiate, being played at the Langdon Farms ...
Griz close with a 305, finish fourth
Montana shot a final-round 305 Tuesday to finish fourth at the Washington State Cougar Cup at the...
Griz card pair of sub-300 rounds at Cougar Cup
No Alexa Schendelman? No problem. Competing without the reigning Big Sky Conference Player of the...
Schendelman named co-Golfer of the Week
Montana sophomore Alexa Schendelman, the Grizzlies' top finisher at this week's Oregon State...
Griz finish sixth at second fall tournament
The Montana women's golf team finished off an impressive tournament with a third-round 303...
Schendelman seventh, Griz sixth at Oregon State...
Sophomore Alexa Schendelman shot a pair of 1-over 73s and the Montana golf team posted rounds of ...
Final round of Hobble Creek Invitational rained...
The final round of the Montana women's golf team's season-opening tournament, the Hobble Creek...