|Dance Team Information|
Photo courtesy of Crown Photography
Benefits of being a part of the UM Spirit Squad
- Representative of The University of Montana Athletic Department
- One of 30 exclusive NCAA Nike Elite Division 1 Schools
- Excellent education programs
- Highly experienced and highly qualified coaching staff
- $200 stipend scholarship each semester to the top 12 members of each team
- Access to the Academic Center (to be completed Fall of 2015)
- Access to the Spirit Squad Trainer and UM Athletics Team Physician
- Access to certified nutritionist
- Access to the Student-Athlete Weight Room
- Receive upper division credit each semester (pass/no pass)
- Receive complimentary tickets to all home football and basketball games
- Travel to football and/or basketball games. Cheer squad travels to post-season football games and dance team travels to post-season basketball games
- Attend UCA/UDA college camp (or private dance camp)
- Working within your community and making a difference through community service.
Thank you for your interest in the University of Montana Dance Team, home of the 1995 & 2001 FCS Football National Champions and the 1996, 2000, 2004, 2008 & 2009 National Runner-Ups!Dancing for the Grizzlies is an exciting way to make college life an unforgettable experience. It is not hard to understand why everyone gets caught up in the excitement, considering the quality of the sports programs here. The Grizzly football team has won the Big Sky Conference Championship 12 of the past 13 years and has traveled to the National Championship7 times.
We average over25,000 fans in Washington-Grizzly football stadium, thesecond-largest attendance in all of NCAA Division I Football Championship Subdivision! Our football attendance is first in the Big Sky Conference by a large margin. The Griz and Lady Griz basketball teams also average very high in conference attendance. The basketball teams are also very exciting to cheer for. The Lady Grizand Grizfor the Big Sky Conference title every year. The Griz basketball team won the conference tournament last year and advanced to the NCAA Tournament.The dance team was right there to cheer the team on!These programs, along with many other sports, make Grizzly Athletics #1 in the Northwest for excitement. Why wouldn't you want to take part?
As you can tell, there are some exciting possibilities for dancing at Montana. It is very rewarding, but it is also a lot of work and a big time commitment. The team consists of 12 members for the year-long dance season. We also have "red shirts" as well. The team practices together three times a week, have mandatory weight-lifting times and must attend technique classes once a week. There are many fund-raisers and appearances throughout the community also. There can be up to 4 games a week to dance at when sports overlap. The Dance Team attends all home volleyball, football and men's and women's basketball games.
Tryout requirements for dance audition:
- Online Stores
Griz scrim #2 slated for Thursday evening in WGS
The University of Montana Grizzly football team will hold its second scrimmage of spring drills...
Griz travel to California to face Sacramento State
The Montana Griz softball team will travel to Sacramento, California this weekend to face the...
Monte Program & Spirit Squad to hold open tryouts
The University of Montana Cheerleading and Dance Teams (collectively known as the Spirit Squad)...
Griz softball takes down Idaho State 6-3
The Montana Griz softball team won its first-ever Big Sky Conference game Sunday with a 6-3...
Griz softball drops both games of doubleheader ...
The Montana Griz softball team hosted its first-ever home games Saturday with a doubleheader...
Griz win home opener against Southern Utah
The Missoula crowd came out to support the Grizzly women went home happy after the match, as...
Defense dominates first spring scrimmage
The only touchdown of the day was scored by a linebacker, as the Montana Grizzlies' defense...
Griz lose at home for first time this season
On the second day of a back-to-back, the Montana men's tennis team couldn't stay hot, dropping a ...