Griz in the Community
Dear Community Member,
On behalf of the student-athletes, coaches and staff, we would like to thank you for your interest in The University of Montana Athletics. We believe it is important to be invested in our great community and look forward to working with you on your request. Please note that any event that is scheduled for a student-athlete must have a beneficial purpose. Student-athletes will not make appearances merely to sign autographs or have their pictures taken.
The University of Montana student-athletes volunteer annually to support various organizations, community events and educational activities. We appreciate your interest, support, and request for student-athletes. In order to accommodate the many requests we receive, we ask that you keep in mind the following guidelines when requesting for your event:
• EVENT DISTANCE: Student-athletes are limited to a 30-mile radius drive from the University to the event location.
• APPERANCE DURATION: Appearances cannot last more than two hours.
• Athletics teams and individuals representing the Department of Athletics may not be responsible for the administration, management or collection of any funds.
• Student-athletes may not be personally asked to participate in these events, as it could compromise the student athlete's eligibility under NCAA rules; all requests will be filtered through our Compliance Office.
• Student-athletes may not make appearances at private parties or events (i.e., birthday parties, etc.)
• Student-athlete appearances are fulfilled based on availability. No student may miss academic or athletic responsibilities to participate in an appearance or community event.
• Specific student-athletes cannot be requested.
• Standing requests will not be processed; organizations will be limited to two requests per academic year.
• BLACK OUT DATES: Due to the final examinations schedule, requests will not be processed and student-athletes will not be available during the first two weeks of December and May. Due to limited availability, requests may not be processed during Thanksgiving Break, Christmas Break, Spring Break, Summer Vacation, and University observed holidays.
• Even if your event has been approved in the past, a new request must be submitted each time.
**If you feel that your event has special circumstances that fall outside of the above parameters please continue to the form below and provide the appropriate information and justification in the comment box.
The University of Montana Intercollegiate Athletic Department reserves the right to refuse any appearance, in its sole discretion.
Finally, please allow up to 3 weeks prior to your event date for your request to be processed. We appreciate your assistance and wish you the best of luck with your event.
To fill out the online form to request a student-athlete appearance, click here.
- Online Stores
Griz hand NAU first conference loss of season
Kris Nord just keeps proving that beating Montana at home may be the toughest challenge for any...
Santa Clara defeats Montana 6-1
The Montana Grizzlies women's tennis team fell in a non-conference match against Santa Clara 6-1 ...
Griz upset Sacramento State 4-3 in Missoula
The Montana Grizzlies men's tennis team may have won its most important match of the season so...
Griz solid in their second spring scrimmage of ...
The offense showed improvement and the defense was once again stellar, as the University of...
Breunig named to NABC's All-District 6 team
The National Association of Basketball Coaches (NABC) announced today that the University of...
Griz 2015 season ticket deadlines rapidly...
The University of Montana's Grizzly football season ticket holders are reminded that the deadline...
Griz ready for final home matches of season
The Montana men's tennis team has enjoyed the luxury of remaining in Missoula for the entirety of...
Grizzly women head to California
Spring break has arrived for students at the University of Montana, and the women's tennis team...