Griz in the Community
Dear Community Member,
On behalf of the student-athletes, coaches and staff, we would like to thank you for your interest in The University of Montana Athletics. We believe it is important to be invested in our great community and look forward to working with you on your request. Please note that any event that is scheduled for a student-athlete must have a beneficial purpose. Student-athletes will not make appearances merely to sign autographs or have their pictures taken.
The University of Montana student-athletes volunteer annually to support various organizations, community events and educational activities. We appreciate your interest, support, and request for student-athletes. In order to accommodate the many requests we receive, we ask that you keep in mind the following guidelines when requesting for your event:
• EVENT DISTANCE: Student-athletes are limited to a 30-mile radius drive from the University to the event location.
• APPERANCE DURATION: Appearances cannot last more than two hours.
• Athletics teams and individuals representing the Department of Athletics may not be responsible for the administration, management or collection of any funds.
• Student-athletes may not be personally asked to participate in these events, as it could compromise the student athlete's eligibility under NCAA rules; all requests will be filtered through our Compliance Office.
• Student-athletes may not make appearances at private parties or events (i.e., birthday parties, etc.)
• Student-athlete appearances are fulfilled based on availability. No student may miss academic or athletic responsibilities to participate in an appearance or community event.
• Specific student-athletes cannot be requested.
• Standing requests will not be processed; organizations will be limited to two requests per academic year.
• BLACK OUT DATES: Due to the final examinations schedule, requests will not be processed and student-athletes will not be available during the first two weeks of December and May. Due to limited availability, requests may not be processed during Thanksgiving Break, Christmas Break, Spring Break, Summer Vacation, and University observed holidays.
• Even if your event has been approved in the past, a new request must be submitted each time.
**If you feel that your event has special circumstances that fall outside of the above parameters please continue to the form below and provide the appropriate information and justification in the comment box.
The University of Montana Intercollegiate Athletic Department reserves the right to refuse any appearance, in its sole discretion.
Finally, please allow up to 3 weeks prior to your event date for your request to be processed. We appreciate your assistance and wish you the best of luck with your event.
To fill out the online form to request a student-athlete appearance, click here.
- Online Stores
Branzburg finishes Mountain Regional with .500 ...
Semion Branzburg had a breakout performance in the most important tournament of the fall season. ...
Griz give up two-goal lead, settle for tie
Behind goals by freshman Hallie Widner and junior Mackenzie Akins, Montana built a 2-0 second-hal...
Griz defeat Aggies 42-28
Jordan Canada broke loose for three long touchdown runs and Jordan Johnson had two scoring passes...
Griz enjoy long-awaited breakout race
Keli Dennehy led Montana to an upset victory in the women's race, Mark Messmer broke 25 minutes...
Montana plays to 0-0 draw at Northern Arizona
The Montana soccer team remained unbeaten through six Big Sky Conference matches by playing to a ...
Eagles down Griz in straight sets at Cheney
Montana played well offensively, hitting .220, but the Grizzlies were unable to slow down Eastern...
Lady Griz countdown :: Meet Sierra Anderson
Go to a Lady Griz practice these days, and the first thing you'll notice is what you don't notice...
Montana falls in straight sets at Idaho
Idaho hit .282 and won for the fourth time in five matches with a quick 25-15, 25-19, 25-17...