Griz in the Community
Dear Community Member,
On behalf of the student-athletes, coaches and staff, we would like to thank you for your interest in The University of Montana Athletics. We believe it is important to be invested in our great community and look forward to working with you on your request. Please note that any event that is scheduled for a student-athlete must have a beneficial purpose. Student-athletes will not make appearances merely to sign autographs or have their pictures taken.
The University of Montana student-athletes volunteer annually to support various organizations, community events and educational activities. We appreciate your interest, support, and request for student-athletes. In order to accommodate the many requests we receive, we ask that you keep in mind the following guidelines when requesting for your event:
• EVENT DISTANCE: Student-athletes are limited to a 30-mile radius drive from the University to the event location.
• APPERANCE DURATION: Appearances cannot last more than two hours.
• Athletics teams and individuals representing the Department of Athletics may not be responsible for the administration, management or collection of any funds.
• Student-athletes may not be personally asked to participate in these events, as it could compromise the student athlete's eligibility under NCAA rules; all requests will be filtered through our Compliance Office.
• Student-athletes may not make appearances at private parties or events (i.e., birthday parties, etc.)
• Student-athlete appearances are fulfilled based on availability. No student may miss academic or athletic responsibilities to participate in an appearance or community event.
• Specific student-athletes cannot be requested.
• Standing requests will not be processed; organizations will be limited to two requests per academic year.
• BLACK OUT DATES: Due to the final examinations schedule, requests will not be processed and student-athletes will not be available during the first two weeks of December and May. Due to limited availability, requests may not be processed during Thanksgiving Break, Christmas Break, Spring Break, Summer Vacation, and University observed holidays.
• Even if your event has been approved in the past, a new request must be submitted each time.
**If you feel that your event has special circumstances that fall outside of the above parameters please continue to the form below and provide the appropriate information and justification in the comment box.
The University of Montana Intercollegiate Athletic Department reserves the right to refuse any appearance, in its sole discretion.
Finally, please allow up to 3 weeks prior to your event date for your request to be processed. We appreciate your assistance and wish you the best of luck with your event.
To fill out the online form to request a student-athlete appearance, click here.
- Online Stores
Stitt pleased with progress of UM's offense in ...
First-year University of Montana head football coach Bob Stitt wore two hats during the Grizzlies...
Montana defeats Weber State in weekend opener
The University of Montana women's tennis team started its weekend at home in style, defeating the...
Griz challenge Bobcats in season finale
The final match of the season for the Montana Grizzlies men's tennis team is also a rematch of a ...
Doyon completes volleyball coaching staff
Question: What would motivate a guy to load up his Dodge Durango, leave a school in one of the...
Softball wins both games in doubleheader...
The Montana Griz softball team won both games in its doubleheader against Carroll College on...
Montana at home for final weekend of season
The Montana Grizzlies women's tennis team is coming home to finish the season. The Griz will play...
Griz competing this week at Hayward Field
The Montana track and field teams will compete this week at the Oregon Relays in Eugene, Ore. The...
Griz softball hosts Carroll College and...
The Montana Griz softball team will host two different teams this week, facing the Carroll...