Griz in the Community
Dear Community Member,
On behalf of the student-athletes, coaches and staff, we would like to thank you for your interest in The University of Montana Athletics. We believe it is important to be invested in our great community and look forward to working with you on your request. Please note that any event that is scheduled for a student-athlete must have a beneficial purpose. Student-athletes will not make appearances merely to sign autographs or have their pictures taken.
The University of Montana student-athletes volunteer annually to support various organizations, community events and educational activities. We appreciate your interest, support, and request for student-athletes. In order to accommodate the many requests we receive, we ask that you keep in mind the following guidelines when requesting for your event:
• EVENT DISTANCE: Student-athletes are limited to a 30-mile radius drive from the University to the event location.
• APPERANCE DURATION: Appearances cannot last more than two hours.
• Athletics teams and individuals representing the Department of Athletics may not be responsible for the administration, management or collection of any funds.
• Student-athletes may not be personally asked to participate in these events, as it could compromise the student athlete's eligibility under NCAA rules; all requests will be filtered through our Compliance Office.
• Student-athletes may not make appearances at private parties or events (i.e., birthday parties, etc.)
• Student-athlete appearances are fulfilled based on availability. No student may miss academic or athletic responsibilities to participate in an appearance or community event.
• Specific student-athletes cannot be requested.
• Standing requests will not be processed; organizations will be limited to two requests per academic year.
• BLACK OUT DATES: Due to the final examinations schedule, requests will not be processed and student-athletes will not be available during the first two weeks of December and May. Due to limited availability, requests may not be processed during Thanksgiving Break, Christmas Break, Spring Break, Summer Vacation, and University observed holidays.
• Even if your event has been approved in the past, a new request must be submitted each time.
**If you feel that your event has special circumstances that fall outside of the above parameters please continue to the form below and provide the appropriate information and justification in the comment box.
The University of Montana Intercollegiate Athletic Department reserves the right to refuse any appearance, in its sole discretion.
Finally, please allow up to 3 weeks prior to your event date for your request to be processed. We appreciate your assistance and wish you the best of luck with your event.
To fill out the online form to request a student-athlete appearance, click here.
- Online Stores
Surging Grizzlies host Eagles and Vandals this ...
The Montana volleyball team, off to a 2-0 start on its four-match home stand, will host Eastern...
Lady Griz make debut Wednesday at annual scrimmage
The 2014-15 Montana women's basketball team will make its public debut Wednesday night at the...
Griz collect pair of player of the week awards
The Montana soccer team, unbeaten through nine Big Sky Conference matches, continues to collect...
Griz host Hornets Saturday in Washington-Grizzl...
The 11th/12th-ranked Montana Grizzlies (5-3/3-1 BSC) host the Sacramento State Hornets (1-3/4-4) ...
Grizzlies' fall season comes to an end at...
Junior Tomasz Soltyka capped off a very successful fall season in style last weekend, finishing...
Grizzlies have six players finish .500 or better
The sunshine of Northridge, California, brought with it some great play for the Montana women's...
Richardson named Big Sky Player of the Week
After leading the Montana volleyball team to a pair of important home-court victories last...
Silver-Maroon scrimmage this Wednesday
First-year mentor Travis DeCuire's 2014-15 Montana Grizzly basketball team makes its public debut...